BI Data Analyst
Jolt is hiring its first Data Analyst. We are looking for someone who can generate meaningful business insights by asking smart questions and answering them by analyzing data. As part of this position, you will build and perform high-level analysis to help improve Jolt's business results while working with C-level management as well as various teams across Jolt, like finance, investor relations, and teams across the company. You will set up this full operation from scratch.
Jolt is a revolutionary business school for self-made people, reshaping the future of education.
At Jolt, we teach the world’s most effective business method: Startups.
Our Innovative flexible NAMBA teaches marketing, sales, data, product, effective communications, personal skills, and management - like it's done in the world’s most innovative companies. We only have one mission here at Jolt - pushing you forward.
A curious, detail-oriented individual with a track record of success in quantitative fields.
You are highly skilled in data analysis and visualization (Excel/Tableau/similar). You understand business processes and financial modeling, preferably in B2C companies and SAS Platforms, and have worked closely with finance, business development, strategy teams to improve business results (conversion, LTV, churn, etc).
You’re an excellent communicator with the ability to deliver analysis results clearly and effectively. You know how to harness complex organizational interfaces, and initiate and drive projects from beginning to end with minimal guidance.
- Work closely with business and department owners to define and measure business metrics, key performance indicators, and success criteria
- Dive deep into our data to uncover actionable insights and make recommendations that will influence the company’s strategic decisions.
- Build, support and maintain data models, reports, and dashboards as well as find creative solutions for a variety of challenges facing our growing data requirements
- Create reporting and data visualization, ad-hoc analysis and research.
- Understand the product usage patterns, user behavior and constantly look for actionable insights from the data.
- Monitor main business KPIs and performance metrics on a daily level.
- Lead AB testing from definition to analysis (set key success factors, test setup, data analysis, and final summary + recommendations).
- Perform in-depth analysis like customer lifetime value, cohorts, segmentation, forecasting, modeling and model performance analysis;
- Help with the numerical justification of business cases.
- Own and handle multiple data initiatives and projects both on an ongoing and an ad-hoc basis
- At least 3 years of experience as a Data Analyst in a SaaS product company.
- BA/B.Sc. in industrial/information systems engineering, computer science, statistics or equivalent
- Experience working with raw data sets
- Experience in generating relevant dashboards for stakeholders
- Proactively come up with data insights and correlations in regards to acquisition, churn, activation, usage, engagement, utilization, demography
- Advanced knowledge of SQL-must
- Advanced knowledge of R or SKlearn - must
- Past experience working with ChartMogul - advantage
- Experience with designing ETL process - must
- Experience with Stripe-advantage
- Tech-savvy and are not afraid to ask questions, be curious about the product and challenge existing data work processes.
- Excellent communication skills and work well in a team.
- Experience in using data analysis in a commercial environment.
- Experience with A/B testing methodology
- Experience with reporting platforms like QlikView, Tableau, Sisense, Looker
- Experience working in a SaaS B2C-product startup-advantage
- An 8200 alumni with data analysis background -advantage
- A planner in an advertising agency or an analyst in a polling agency-advantage
What's in it for you?
- A tailored professional development plan, accompanied by a dedicated career coach.
- Unlimited access to all Jolt content, and free membership to Jolt's campuses.
- Great opportunity to grow and have a real impact on a revolutionary company, reshaping the future of education.