Regional Director, UK
Jolt builds a network of innovative learning spaces where professionals learn together from world-class instructors. Jolt members upskill themselves through short and effective learning sessions as part of their weekly routine, and are part of a global tribe of lifelong learners.
As we start expanding globally, and are looking for a strong business leader to lead all of Jolts commercial efforts in the UK.
The Bottom Line
We’re looking for an accomplished, highly-networked executive with a strong entrepreneurial spirit to lead Jolt’s commercial efforts in the UK. This includes overseeing all of the region’s sales, operations, community, expansion and marketing efforts, lead commercial initiatives to meet sales and retention goals, recognize and pursue business opportunities and expand Jolt’s spread in London and the UK. This position requires strong business background with experience in marketing, operations and commercial management. Experience running a highly operational / retail / live events / education business is a plus.
ABOUT THE JOB:
This full-time position is based in London. The right candidate will present strong marketing and leadership skills, a passion for learning and facilitating learning, and a keen eye for new opportunities. As the Regional Director, you will be reporting to Jolt’s COO.
You will be:
- Overseeing a professional team that includes marketing, sales and operations personnel
- Recognize and pursue business development opportunities in the region
- Leading the expansion efforts (building more campuses) in London and the UK
- Building and executing plans to meet business goals in the region
- Ensuring that financial targets and other agreed targets are met
- Reviewing work practices to ascertain if they are successful and if not, devising alternatives
- Keeping employees motivated and organising appropriate training
- Ensuring that the business operates according to the company's mission
- Monitoring customer satisfaction and reporting any issues to HQ while meeting competitive retention and acquisition goals
- Driving the business to increase profits
- Ensuring legal and financial processes in the region are up to date and resolving any issues that arise
You could be the person for the job if you have previously led or taken a meaningful part in creating a regional headquarters for an international tech or consumer brand. Or perhaps you are currently working as a COO or in a VP position for a B2C start-up in the UK with live, daily operations in real life - such as a co-working space, tech conference company, or consumer brand.
You’ll have a lot of responsibility on your shoulders, so we need someone with impeccable integrity who is flexible, dependable, responsible and empathetic. Exceptional organisational skills and multitasking abilities are a must for this fast-paced role. You should also be familiar with both the start-up ecosystem and daily happenings in and around London. A talent for getting the job done - no matter the cost - is critical. You should be a practical, creative, quick-thinker, with excellent problem-solving, critical-thinking, and analytical skills, constantly on your feet and aware that others are counting on you.
- 3+ years of experience running a business or an independent business unit in the fields of education, retail or other highly operational business with physical locations
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Extensive commercial experience in setting up and running marketing/sales/operations for a consumer-facing business
- Experience in leading an operational product
- Proven experience in scaling a business and managing large teams
- Experience working with remote teams or working remotely for a global company - a plus
- Entrepreneurial experience - a big plus
- A strong network in the local tech and innovation ecosystems
- Proven experience managing a P&L and financial managing an independent business unit
- Experience in recruiting and managing a team
- Experience in public speaking / participating in media events