Jolt is reinventing learning. Founded in Silicon Valley, Jolt is launching in London in 2019 after raising a Series A round. Our mission is simple: to make life-long learning a habit through affordable, gym-like memberships.
Getting started couldn’t be easier: you simply choose your membership type, browse career-focused classes on the app and book your seat. Jolt is community-focused, meaning you can meet likeminded people, it’s experiential (with designated Jolt rooms and campuses set to open across London) and classes are taught by world-class experts from the likes of Airbnb, Netflix and Google.
ABOUT THE JOB:
This is a full-time position (including day time and evening shifts) based in Shoreditch and requires that you have community management, hospitality or co-working experience as well as desire to be a part of our success story. As the Community Associate, you will report directly to Jolt’s Operations and Community Manager..
- Create a welcoming and inclusive community environment amongst our members
- Collecting and analysing feedback to drive member satisfaction, retention and content
- Be a first point of contact for the community members
- Ensuring the Jolt room is presentable and all tech is working correctly
- Solve member-related issues to ensure a high satisfaction level is maintained
- Help first time attendees with onboarding and picking the right Jolt sessions for them
- Working with existing members to help them find relevant learning opportunities
- Supporting Operations Manager in day to day community management responsibilities
- Ensure that Jolt is engaging with members across our main social media platforms
- Identify and develop content that will inspire and motivate our students. Content development will include writing social media posts ensuring consistency with the Jolt tone of voice and brand guidelines.
- Lead on small scale community events from creation to execution
- Review and improve email communication to our members, including newsletters.
- Supporting the sales team efforts including making sales calls and responding to leads
This role is made for someone who is customer service and member experience driven, a creative problem-solver who can promote the Jolt mission. While you are a natural self starter you also desire to work with a team of dynamic, fun and driven professionals. You understand the startup culture and are not afraid to wear multiple hats.
• Minimum 6 months relevant work experience in community building/ management, having ideally worked in a fast growing startup or co-working space in the past
• Ability to wear multiple hats and support your team
• Passion for curating and growing an off-line community of like minded individuals
• Strong communication skills and able to effectively represent Jolt’s brand image. A high standard of written and spoken English is essential.
• A passion for life-long learning, and a record of proactively and constantly pushing yourself forward
• You have an entrepreneurial spirit – you get stuff done
• A keen eye for detail and the ability to plan ahead
• BIG ambition to learn and grow within a small(ish), fun and dynamic team
WORKING AT JOLT
As a company with a mission to revolutionize professional growth and development, we see extreme importance in growing and developing our own team members. You will be a part of young, dynamic, fast growing team.
We are based at a very cool co-working space in Shoreditch and will provide you with the latest tech to enable you to achieve your goals.
Jolt is a rapidly scaling startup offering exciting career progression opportunities and mentoring.